Thursday, April 8, 2010

Recipe Review: French Onion Burgers

So last night we had French Onion burgers, and garlic fries for dinner. Since this was my first experience with this recipe, I thought I would share my review and some tips if you decide to make it.

First off- it was a big hit! Both boys, my husband, and even me (yes, I'm usually the picky one in the family) really liked it! Overall, it was pretty easy to make (especially when you sweet-talk your husband into forming the ground beef into patties for you.) :) I would absolutely make this recipe again.

A couple of notes:
1) It did take longer than the 5 minutes shown in the recipe for the burgers to thoroughly cook in the soup. So unless you like really bloody burgers (yuk!), I would leave them in a little longer and just keep an eye on them.

2) I put a little bit of butter (well, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, actually) on the buns and then toasted them on a griddle. I personally just like the taste of grilled buns for my burgers.

3) We were all a little hesitant to use the leftover soup as a dipping sauce. However, after the first dip, we were all believers. Definitely serve the remaining soup with the burgers. It gave it a great "french dip" taste.

4) I only had American cheese on hand. However, next time I think Provolone cheese would be great on these burgers.

OK- that's it. I would love to hear comments from any of you that tried this recipe at home. What do you think? Winner or Loser?

No comments:

Post a Comment